Re: Use of `font-lock-warning-face'

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Use of `font-lock-warning-face'
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:34:19 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Miles Bader wrote:

>   Compilation related modes use it for filenames.  I can maybe see this
>   for the `compile' command, where normal output *doesn't* have any
>   highlighted filenames, and you want to see them easily, but it's real
>   ugly with commands like `grep' &c where every line of the output gets
>   flagged.
>
> Maybe something like `font-lock-keyword-face' would make more sense for
> the dired-marked-files and grep-&c cases.

I think we need to rethink the faces names and purpose.  The basic
font-lock faces are currently suited to source code, but not for totally
different purposes such as Grep and Dired.

We could either (a) add a few additional faces, or (b) reorganize the
faces entirely, creating separate groups for each class of major modes
(like all text modes etc.)

FWIW, this is too much of a change to do now, especially since colors are
easily customizable.