Re: pacify gnu.emacs.help readers w.r.t. state of Emacs 21

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: pacify gnu.emacs.help readers w.r.t. state of Emacs 21
Date: 08 Nov 2000 16:08:47 +0100

address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Another idea: they might also like the NEWS file.  (In fact, one
> person has just asked for it.)

I like the idea of your general announcement, but I'm skeptical about
NEWS.  At the very least, that should only be done once the pretest
has really started, and after the NEWS file has, sort of, been
finalized.  (E.g. the VC NEWS are not quite complete yet.)

I'm really looking forward to the time when we'll have anonymous CVS,
but right now where we don't have it, we should be careful not to make
any false or misleading or incomplete information public.