Re: tool-tip default

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: tool-tip default
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 22:47:33 GMT

>>>>> "KG" == Kai Großjohann <address@hidden> writes:

 KG> I hope I'm not mistaken,

You are :-(.  See the .diff file from the Debian source area.

 KG> but I think that all that Debian does is to
 KG> distribute a pre-built site-start.el file.

I can't remember the details, but I guess you can check on your
system.

 KG> Does including a site-start.el file imply that the Emacs
 KG> distribution is `hacked up'?

No, but `--no-site-file' won't DTRT with the Debianized Emacs.  This
is a real problem it can even prevent you building things, for
instance, apart from potential confusion.

The `emacs20-dl' package is the more extreme example.