Re: No CVS tags?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: No CVS tags?
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 20:47:16 +0200

> From: Bill Wohler <address@hidden>
> Date: 15 Nov 2000 10:10:09 -0800
>
>   I just checked out the emacs tree and was a little distressed to
>   find no (real) CVS tags. I was expecting to find emacs-20_1,
>   emacs-20_2, etc.
>
>   Why not?

One possible reason is that, since Emacs was put under CVS, no release
has been done yet. ;-)

>   Since there aren't any tags, is there a way to find out which
>   version of a particular file went into a particular Emacs release?

You should be able to find out that info based on dates.  All the
ChangeLog files have a "Version XX.YY released" in them, which marks
the release of each official version.  You can use the date of that
entry to look up versions of individual files in the repository.