Tooltips overlap menu entries

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Tooltips overlap menu entries
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 12:30:59 +0100 (CET)

[Report to the last pretest archive.]

If possible a tooltip should never hide a menu entry it belongs to.

At the moment tooltips are displayed at the mouse pointer position and
thus it happens often that the tooltip hides the menu entry, esp. if the
text is a little bit longer (say 4 words).  If the menu entry is hidden
the user is forced to read the tooltip; this is not okay.

Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the test release; I'm only missing a w3
package which runs with emacs 21.0.90.

--
work : address@hidden                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,