Re: tool-tip default

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: tool-tip default
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:35:35 GMT

 EZ> Someone(tm) should invest the necessary effort to copy the usage
 EZ> info from the *.el files into the manual.

Is this the right thing?  It isn't what I understood and not what I
did with the packages I've done recently.

 EZ> This is a lot of work (although each .el file needs only a few
 EZ> minutes of copy/yank plus add markup).

What I've done meant understanding enough to distil typically a
paragraph or so for the manual.  I sometimes ended up fixing things in
packages as a consequence.  (I normally have to re-write my first
attempt to follow rms style better...)  In many cases, a short
description in the manual plus a good Custom group should be enough to
use a package.

Anyway, please do contribute!  If you're not good at writing English,
someone may be able to proofread for you.