Re: key bindings in hideshow.el

From: thi
Subject: Re: key bindings in hideshow.el
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 17:01:46 -0800

   From: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>
   Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:51:00 -0800

   I saw in the current pretests for emacs that you have changed the
   keybindings for hideshow.

   2 of them are assigned to keys that are used a lot in cc-mode based modes.
   C-c C-c is comment-region
   and
   C-c C-s c-show-syntactic-information

   I don't know which ones are better, but we should not use keys that
   are used by C/C++ modes because a lot of people use those modes and
   they will be very confused (this is what actually happend with a
   coleague of mine and C-c C-c).

hmmm, point taken, but now i am at a loss as to what keys to bind these
commands to.  perhaps it's better if we don't bind any keys and allow
user to do that?  or maybe we make only one keybinding: `C-c C-h' to
`hs-toggle-hiding'?

i am open to suggestions.  (the current keybindings do not conflict in
lispish modes, which is where i use hideshow mostly.)

thi