set-locale-environment

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: set-locale-environment
Date: 25 Nov 2000 16:48:14 +0000

After adding code to set the LANG environment variable appropriately
on W32, I discovered that `set-locale-environment' can result in a
call to `redraw-frame'. This is fatal on w32 before w32-term.el has
been loaded, so I changed the order in startup.el.

Please check that this does not cause any problems (ie that x-term.el
does not rely on `set-locale-environment' having been called already).
If the order is important, there are several places in the C source
that need fixing to avoid the crash by the looks of things.

--
Jason Rumney <address@hidden>