Re: Terminal mode line color

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Terminal mode line color
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 18:49:22 +0200

> Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 10:00:54 -0500
> From: "Eric M. Ludlam" <address@hidden>
>
> I have *lots* of stuff in my .emacs file, but it replicates for me
> when my .emacs file only contains the above line.

Weird...

Okay, let me see if I understand: the green color disappears after the
blurb printed at start up goes away, right?  That is, while the blurb
is displayed, the mode line is green, but if you wait 2 minutes, the
*scratch* buffer clears, and _then_ the mode line becomes
black-on-white (or whatever the default colors are), yes?

If the above is true, does it also happen if you press a key during
the 2-min sit-for?

What happens if you set inhibit-startup-message to t, so that the
startup blurb is not displayed at all?