Re: Re[1]: copyright notices

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: Re[1]: copyright notices
Date: 08 Dec 2000 21:36:21 +0000

 EML> Is there a clever way in Emacs of determining if a lisp file is
 EML> in an Emacs source tree or not?

I customize certain things (e.g. log entries) just by matching
components of the directory tree from `(buffer-file-name)'.

 EML> We wouldn't want to add "This file is part of GNU Emacs..." in
 EML> other files. ;)

I'd have thought copyright notices would just be amended when files
are installed (but it's easy to forget, I know).

 EML> Checkdoc uses lisp-mnt to extract important bits from the
 EML> header.  I think lisp-mnt should be responsible for getting the
 EML> copyright line (a task strangely missing.)  and checkdoc could
 EML> offer to fix it.  I will try to look into this.

It would also be useful for it to check the Keywords: header to make
sure that at least one is used from the set Finder knows about.  I
tried that before and there was some difficulty, but I can't remember
what.