Difficult compilation setup for nonstandard paths

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Difficult compilation setup for nonstandard paths
Date: 28 Dec 2000 13:21:33 +0100

Our Solaris sysmonsters have put various libraries in strange places.
For example, libtiff lives in
/app/unido-inf/sun4_56/libtiff/.new/{include,lib}.  Because of this, I
found that it appears to be difficult to tell Emacs about these
places.

Right now, I set the environment variables C_INCLUDE_PATH and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the right directories, and CFLAGS gets the
appropriate -I options, and LDFLAGS gets -L and -R options.

WIBNI there were options to the configure script along the lines of
--with-libtiff-includes=/path/to/dir and
--with-libtiff-libs=/path/to/dir?

Same for libjpeg, libpng, and libxpm.  I probably forgot one.

What do you think?

kai
--
~/.signature