Re: Difficult compilation setup for nonstandard paths

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Difficult compilation setup for nonstandard paths
Date: 03 Jan 2001 18:49:22 +0100

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> It doesn't?  This does work for me: I put -I switches into CPPFLAGS
> and -L flags into LDFLAGS, and all the libraries are found (I need
> that because some of the optional libraries are installed in my home
> directory, since I don't have write access to public directories and
> don't have time to talk to sysadmins about this.)

Silly me.  Using CFLAGS doesn't work, but CPPFLAGS works fine.

Anyway.  Obviously, there are two alternatives: either, extend the
configure script to provide options --with-png-includes and
--with-png-libraries (or similar), or, mention in the INSTALL file how
to set ${CPPFLAGS} and ${LDFLAGS} so that the include files and
libraries can be found.

kai
--
~/.signature