Re: Customization

From: Alexander Schroeder
Subject: Re: Customization
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:42:51 +0100

After having talked to Jan Vroonhof here in Zuerich I ported most of
the stuff: the custom-theme call worked for variables and faces.  The
only thing that didn't work was the user interface: The customization
buffer did not indicate when a value was set via a custom-theme.

At the time I was very interested in doing it for my color-theme.el
package.  I faintly remember that I ran into problems at the time
and posted the code together with a short note to the custom mailing
list.  I got no replies, however, and instead of continuing the
custom-theme port, I worked on the more interesting color-theme.el
problems.

If anybody is really interested, I'm prepared to help and invest some
time.  But I'm not interested in doing it on my own.  Anybody want to
help out?  I'm quite proficient in writing compatibility layers for
Emacs and XEmacs (ansi-color.el and color-theme.el both work for Emacs
and XEmacs), haha.

Alex.

From: Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden>
Date: 09 Jan 2001 16:18:28 +0100