annoncement and poll

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: annoncement and poll
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:37:54 +0100

This announcement  is sent to various  people that in the  past (some of
them very long ago) have  expressed interest in etags supporting C++ and
also C  nesting depths greater than 1,  and to a couple  of internal GNU
emacs lists.

I have  finished writing and  testing a lot  of improvements to  the way
etags  handles  C-like  languages,  thanks to  inspiration  from  Mykola
Dzyuba.

I invite the interested people to download one of
  ftp://fly.cnuce.cnr.it/pub/etags.c.gz                         [40kB]
  ftp://fly.cnuce.cnr.it/pub/software/unix/etags.linux.gz       [200kB]
the second one being a statically linked etags compiled for linux.

Please try them and let me know, if you have something to say.

Also, I'd  like to get opinions  about whether the TAGS  files should by
default contain tags  for structure members in plain  C.  Currently, you
have to use the --members option.