Re: make extraclean fixes

From: Gerd Moellmann
Subject: Re: make extraclean fixes
Date: 29 Jan 2001 12:51:30 +0100

Bill Wohler <address@hidden> writes:

>   I'm just about to check in a couple of changes to make the
>   extraclean target work.

Bill, if you plan to make changes outside mh-e in the future, I'd like
to ask you to sign a general copyright assignment to the FSF for all
work on Emacs because that makes things much easier.  For example,
current pratice is to let someone install/list someone as author in
the ChangeLogs only if the FSF has papers for the changes from the
author.  Provided your changes don't require papers because of their
size, it would nontheless be necessary to get them installed by
someone from which the FSF has papers, e.g. me, who lists them under
his name.  (This arrangement is so to make it easier to detect changes
for which we don't have papers.)  Please find an email template
attached with which you can request papers from the FSF.

For your specific changes, could you please send the diffs to me,
so that I can take a look at them?