Re: make extraclean fixes

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: make extraclean fixes
Date: 30 Jan 2001 09:09:32 -0800

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> On 28 Jan 2001, Bill Wohler wrote:
> >   I'm just about to check in a couple of changes to make the
> >   extraclean target work.
> >
> >   In lisp/leim, added the extraclean target based upon the extraclean
> >   target in src. In the top-level Makefile, added -f to one of the
> >   rm's to keep it quiet.
>
> Is it absolutely necessary before v21.1 is out?

  I'll leave it in your hands. While on the one hand, it is an
  admittedly minor change and doesn't effect the running of Emacs, if
  it were up to me, I'd include it because:

  - `make extraclean' is documented, but broken. If someone were to
  run `make extraclean' and hit this problem, their confidence in the
  program would diminish.

  - the fix is low risk

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/
Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ. Vote Libertarian!