Re[2]: speedbar and w3 don't play ball with each other

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re[2]: speedbar and w3 don't play ball with each other
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 23:01:33 -0500

>>> "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> seems to think that:
>> | Text properties at 85:
>> |
>> | detachable           t
>> | rear-nonsticky       (display)
>> | end-glyph            (image :type xpm :file
>> "/home-local/grossjoh/sw/emacs-21.0/share/emacs/21.0.101/lisp/sb-dir-plus.xpm"
>>  :ascent center)
>
>It's again the same problem, i.e. a speedbar problem:
>Speedbar believes it's running inside XEmacs and thus uses the `end-glyph'
>property, which Emacs ignores.
  [ ... ]

Hmmm, I thought the check for the function was replaced by a check for
the XEmacs feature, but I see that didn't get captured in Emacs CVS,
nor my own copy of CVS.  If its ok, I can make that change for Emacs.
I've already captured it for my own development version of Speedbar.

Eric

*** speedbar.el.~1.32.~ Mon Feb 12 11:17:25 2001
--- speedbar.el Mon Mar 26 23:00:01 2001
***************
*** 4318,4324 ****
        ;; underlying text.  This means if we leave it tangible, then I
        ;; don't have to change said giant piles o code.
        (if (and a (symbol-value (cdr a)))
!           (if (fboundp 'set-extent-property)
                (add-text-properties (+ start (length bt)) start
                                     (list 'end-glyph (symbol-value (cdr a))
                                           'rear-nonsticky (list 'display)
--- 4318,4324 ----
        ;; underlying text.  This means if we leave it tangible, then I
        ;; don't have to change said giant piles o code.
        (if (and a (symbol-value (cdr a)))
!           (if (featurep 'xemacs)

--
          Eric Ludlam:                 address@hidden, address@hidden