Re: SSL Elisp primitives

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: SSL Elisp primitives
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 10:39:04 -0400

> I've been working on adding elisp primitives for SSL/TLS connections
> (using the GPL'd NSS-library) yesterday, and I've got some basic
> functionality.

What would be the benefit of such an approach compared to something
like ssl.el that just executes an external program instead ?

Of course, starting up a program tends to be slower, but I expect that
it's lost in the noise when a remote host is involved.
So I guess the question boils down to what additional features
would be offered and whether it's more likely that an external program
is already installed or that the library is already installed.

        Stefan "Not knowing much if anything about SSL"