Use PC-do-completion outside of minibuffer?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Use PC-do-completion outside of minibuffer?
Date: 18 May 2001 19:41:19 +0200

This function is very long.  Because of some variable bindings near
the beginning, it only works in the minibuffer.  Do you think it would
be feasible to factor out the generic part into a separate function,
so that PC-do-completion can be used in other buffers, too?

(For example, in shell mode buffers it could be used for completing
filenames.  comint-dynamic-complete on steroids, so to speak.)

I haven't really looked closely at the function, and I thought I'd
first run this by you to find out if you think it's feasible without
too much work.  If it is, I would try to implement it.  If it isn't
feasible, I'm hoping for some good suggestions from you for
implementing the functionality I want :-)

kai
--
The passive voice should never be used.