I would like to assist in the development effort of GNU Emacs

From: Brian Masinick
Subject: I would like to assist in the development effort of GNU Emacs
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 07:50:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I would like to assist in the development effort of GNU Emacs.  Tasks that I am
in a position to handle right now are:

1. Documentation: reviewing what exists and update information
2. Testing of changes in regular builds of GNU Emacs.

I have multiple platforms that I use, though not all of them would be readily
available for building kits from source.  I run on Windows NT 4.0 workstation
and Compaq Tru64 UNIX at work.  I might be able to periodically run test kits
there, but of course my work comes first in that place.

At home, I have three computers.  One of them runs Windows 98, the other two
usually have some form of Linux running on them.  It is one of these platforms
where I would most likely be able to do testing.  Right now, I have
Linux-Mandrake 8.0, Caldera OpenLinux eDesktop 2.4 and RedHat Linux 7.1.

I am really bothered by all of the complaining in the newsgroup comp.emacs
about the perceived inactivity in GNU Emacs.  I have long been an active user,
but I had previously been of the mindset that I could help out only if I was
going to write some code.  Well, I might get to do that some day, but
meanwhile, I would like to share my testing and documentation skills.

Please help me get started, and point me to some areas needing attention.  Help
me get plugged into the process.

Thanks!
Brian Masinick, "The Mas", mailto:address@hidden

=====