Re: I would like to assist in the development effort of GNU Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: I would like to assist in the development effort of GNU Emacs
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:54:40 +0300 (IDT)

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Brian Masinick wrote:

> 1. Where do I pick up the latest software to review?

The best advice depends on what would you like to begin with.  If you
want to work on the Windows docs as suggested, I can simply mail you
the latest version of the MS-DOS chapter.

The EMacs documentation is written in Texinfo, so you should make
yourself familiar with it, if you aren't already.

> 2. Where do I go to modify the information?

To your favorite machine, of course ;-)

> 3. What else might I have to do to get fully signed up and committed to
> this process?

For starters, you need to sign legal papers which assign the copyright
for your work to the FSF.

But first, you should decide what would you like to work on.

Thanks!