Re: I would like to assist in the development effort of GNU Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: I would like to assist in the development effort of GNU Emacs
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:16:41 +0300 (IDT)

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Brian Masinick wrote:

> On the documentation side, I know a little bit about Texinfo, but I wouldn't
> say that I have the tags memorized.

Download and install the Texinfo package (if you don't have it
already).  It comes with a very good manual, which describes both the
markup language and its recommended use, and the special features
Emacs provides for editing Texinfo sources.  The manual is quite
large, so instead of reading it all, I suggest a quick pass through
it, to see what's there, and then using it as a reference via the `i'
(index-search) command.  For example, if you want to know about the
@xref directive, say "C-u C-h i texinfo RET", and then type "i xref
RET".

> So, where do I officially sign up?

Gerd, could you please answer that?