Re: Viper generates lots of X11 traffic -- how to debug?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Viper generates lots of X11 traffic -- how to debug?
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 23:39:58 +0200

address@hidden (Michael Kifer) writes:

> It seems that somehow when you hit this tab state gets changed numerous
> times (which is strange).

It turns out that it is not necessary to use the strange pacakges to
see this.  It is sufficient to hit ESC at the end of the Subject
header (after putting something in it).

Then I see this:

* Cursor is narrow bar (as is normal in insert state, in command state
  it's the normal large block).  The cursor is green.  I hit ESC now.

* Cursor changes color to black -- still narrow bar.

* Cursor changes color to green -- still narrow bar.

* Cursor changes color to black -- still narrow bar.

* Cursor moves one char to the left, changes to block.  (Here, the
  order is not so clear, it happens fast.)

When hitting A with cursor at end of line (ie, on the last char), I
see only two steps:

* Cursor changes color to green (but stays large block).

* Cursor moves to the right and becomes narrow.

Kinda like a movie, quite nice.  Consider it one more piece of
entertainment :-)

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory