Re: Emacs does not compile anymore in win32 with msvc6

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs does not compile anymore in win32 with msvc6
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 12:46:42 -0400

> From: Sam Steingold <address@hidden>
> Date: 08 Oct 2001 12:20:02 -0400
>
> > Is it possible to include w32gui.h and w32heap.h before lisp.h?  Could
> > you please try that?
>
> fileio.c does include lisp.h but includes neither w32heap.h nor w32gui.h.
>
> fileio.c:94:
>
> #ifdef WINDOWSNT
> #define NOMINMAX 1
> #include <windows.h>
> #include <stdlib.h>
> #include <fcntl.h>
> #endif /* not WINDOWSNT */
>
> this suggests that Emacs expects that min/max are defined in the system
> *.h files

No, I don't think this theory is true.  fileio.c defined min and max
by itself, until a day or two ago, so Emacs didn't need to expect min
and max to be defined by the system headers.  Since lisp.h defines
them now, I suspect that one of the 3 headers mentioned in the above
snippet (windows.h, stdlib.h, and fcntl.h) undefine min and max.
Could you please look into those headers and see if I'm right?