Re: removing old `inverse lines' code

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: removing old `inverse lines' code
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 00:30:34 -0600 (MDT)

    With the changes a while back to only use faces for drawing

I think he means "to use only faces", right?

    So I decided just to delete all the hair in term.c that is for
    magic-cookie standout support as well.

I think that is ok.  I doubt anyone still uses these terminals any more;
probably not many of them still function.  But it could not hurt to
post net news to ask people.  Use info-gnu-emacs, but also use comp.emacs
or whatever it is nowadays.