Re: DOC_STRINGS_IN_COMMENTS

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: DOC_STRINGS_IN_COMMENTS
Date: 17 Oct 2001 12:43:33 +0900

I've now converted all the other doc-string-in-command files.

Pavel, if you have commentified-but-unchecked-in files, you can use the
attached elisp code to convert them to the new format; be careful
though, as it can't cope with all code (though I encountered very
few problems).

To check whether things still worked, I just diffed the old DOC file
with the new one -- however, if you do this, you might want to use the
`-w' option with diff, as I've also modified make-docfile to strip
trailing whitespace (since the doc-string comments typically have
trailing whitespace, whereas the old string-form doc-strings did not).

-Miles

Here's my conversion code:

Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?