Re: Building fails on Debian woody because of stupid autoconf wrapper

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: Building fails on Debian woody because of stupid autoconf wrapper
Date: 18 Oct 2001 16:21:24 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

|> > Why?  Autoconf 2.52 is an officially released version.  Those who modify
|> > configure.in must know what they are doing.
|>
|> I was thinking about the situation described by Kai, where both versions
|> of Autoconf are installed.  I understand that what you suggested might
|> cause the wrong version to be chosen.

I don't think so, since Kay's point was that the comment in aclocal.m4
specified AC_PREREQ(2.14) (a version that was never released) which
triggered the use of autoconf 2.5x with Debian.  Putting AC_PREREQ(2.52)
in configure.in (and removing aclocal.m4 at the same time) would just
manifest that.  Since configure.in is already prepared for autoconf 2.5x
there should be no problems doing the switch.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
address@hidden                          completely different."