Re: lexical mumblings

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: lexical mumblings
Date: 21 Oct 2001 02:15:24 +0900

An addendum to my previous message:

I didn't say what `make-closure' should actually do, but since a closure
is just a funcall-able package holding a function and an environment,
and since I've suggested that the function-part of a closure should take
the environment pointer as its first argument (before the user
arguments), a nice solution might be to make normal vectors callable if
their first element is a function, such that --

   (funcall (vector F a b c) x y z) == (funcall F a b c x y z)

Then `make-closure' is simply `vector', and morever, is exactly the same
as a curry operator.  This might be very useful for lisp programmers too --

  (defalias 'curry 'vector)

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.