Re: expand-file-name in fileio.c twice?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: expand-file-name in fileio.c twice?
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 07:44:49 -0600 (MDT)

    In the case of expand-file-name, IIRC it's the old version of the code,
    it's there since v20.1 or something ("cvs annotate" should tell).  I
    replied to the ``almost every other code we have'' part in your message.

This is there in case the code is of interest for fixing a bug.
I left it there because the function was totally rewritten,
and very complex and likely to have bugs.  If we delete it from
the current sources, it will still be in CVS, but we might be
likely to forget it is there.

I suggest updating the doc string syntax of this DEAFUN but leaving it
a DEAFUN.