menu-bar-mode, tool-bar-mode and window manager maximize

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: menu-bar-mode, tool-bar-mode and window manager maximize
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:50:56 +0200

Hi,

today, I was in the process of upgrading Emacs to all of my friends and
come up with this minor issue. One of my users likes Emacs displayed on the
whole screen (maximised). We have discussed about possibilities to turn
menu-bar and tool-bar off. When you turn tool-bar off via tool-bar-mode,
Emacs is still maximised. When you turn menu-bar off, Emacs will be smaller
and not maximised and users must maximise it manually again. This is
inconsistent.

X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars
--
Pavel Janík

What happens when you press <ctrl><alt><BS> in Windows? Sorry, I did not
use any MS software since September 1996. And I'm proud of this ;)