Re: before checking in

From: Gerd Moellmann
Subject: Re: before checking in
Date: 25 Oct 2001 11:35:59 +0200

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> Please check that all your changes compile without warnings before
> checking them into CVS.  There's no reason why the code in CVS
> shouldn't always be able to build correctly.  If you have long term
> destabilizing changes to make... well, that's what branches are for.

I don't agree completely.  There are a lot of warnings in GCC that are
false alarms and don't matter.  Also, for example, it's not always
possible to make sure that everything compiles on all platforms and
with all ports.  I don't think that for instance, compilability for
MS-Windows should hold up development.