Re: timer handlers and ^G

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: timer handlers and ^G
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 07:06:12 -0700 (MST)

    The problem with Gnus & al being able to hang EmacsĀ¹ is due to the
    timeouts it specifies on process operations not being honoured when
    they're run from a timer.  (Normally `accept-process-output' on an
    asynchronous article fetch is the culprit, and there is a loop
    involving `select'.)

    This was reported before, but no-one could find anything wrong with
    process.c.  If I remember correctly, it is reproducible by running
    from a timer a shell command which waits for a long time without
    producing output.

Can we make another attempt to debug this?
Can someone make a simpler test case than GNUS?