Re: idea -> internal frames?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: idea -> internal frames?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 07:06:14 -0700 (MST)

    The important thing was that they shouldn't just be dedicated,
    but you shouldn't be able to accidentally switch to them remove them,
    split them, ...

For speedbar, should the window be outside the usual window hierarchy?
In other words, should next-window and walk-windows see the speedbar
window, or should they ignore it?

    > The thing is that I think they should look somewhat
    > different than regular windows... maybe have their own minibuffer?

A speed bar window should have no minibuffer, right?

    Ideally it would be so that each could have a "log channel" (or whatever you
    want to call it).

If the speedbar window has a "log channel", that should be a buffer
and it should normally not be displayed.  You would look at it only
when you want to debug or diagnose.