Re: idea -> internal frames?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: idea -> internal frames?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 07:07:48 -0700 (MST)

    > Does it make sense to allow frames to `dock' on other frames?  Emacs
    > could intercept move/resize events for the main frame and move/resize
    > the docked frame accordingly.
    >
    > Or is this evil?

It seems reasonable to me.  Or maybe Emacs could just implement the
speedbar as a special window on the side of the frame, so use
of the speedbar would not mean having two frames.

    Yes.  This was another thing brought up in the design of PluginManager.  It
    seems that about 50% of the people want to have these things as a dedicated
    window and the other 50% want this as an "inner window" (or whatever it is
    called).

Could you describe the difference between these two possibilities
In operational terms?