Re: idea -> internal frames?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: idea -> internal frames?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 07:08:09 -0700 (MST)

    ECB accomplished something similar by advising every windowing op
    under the sun.  Somewhere in their plans is to provide hooks so that
    any buffer can be hosted in an ECB hosted window, at which time I'd
    port Speedbar to their windows.

There is no need to have recourse to such ugly methods.  If the right
thing to do is to have various window operations do something for
Speedbar, we can create a special hook for them to use.  Please don't
bend over backwards to avoid changing the C code when implementing
this feature; that is an unnecessary goal.  We change the C code every
day for other reasons; why not for this too?