cursor-in-non-selected-windows as buffer-local

From: md5i
Subject: cursor-in-non-selected-windows as buffer-local
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:56:21 -0500

When cursor-in-non-selected-windows is made buffer-local, it will turn
off cursors in other windows if it is set to nil in the context of the
selected window.  I, on the other hand, would prefer to mark a
particular buffer as not having a visible cursor unless it is
selected.  This would entail changing x_display_and_set_cursor to use
the value of cursor-in-non-selected-windows relative to the buffer in
the window it is drawing the cursor in, instead of the value based on
the currently selected buffer.

On the other hand, if the original semantics are still desirable, then
cursor-in-non-selected-windows should be made non-boolean, and there
should be a particular symbol to set it to in order to get my desired
behavior.

Any comments?  I posted to emacs-devel rather than emacs-bug because I
am willing to do the coding for this.

--
Michael Welsh Duggan
(address@hidden)