Re: before checking in

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: before checking in
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:29:51 +0200

> Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:54:18 -0700 (MST)
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
>
>     FWIW, my impression until now is that most of the problems reported
>     are minor to obscure.  Some of them are not even bugs in Emacs, but
>     cockpit errors, broken compiler installations, etc.
>
> Unfortunately we don't know that until after investigating.
>
> Such problems often call for a change in Emacs itself.  For instance,
> we might want to make a workaround for the problem, or at least
> mention it in PROBLEMS.
>
> All in all, the distinction is not really relevant to this issue
> (though it does indicate Gerd did a good job).

It goes without saying that Gerd did an outstanding job.  But what I
meant to say, in addition, is that the analysis of the reports tells
me that Emacs 21.1 is in good shape, so IMHO we shouldn't be too
unhappy about the many reports on bug-gnu-emacs, and/or rush into
fixing all of them in zero time.  Most of them can wait.