Re: patch for glossary.texi: explain highlighting

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: patch for glossary.texi: explain highlighting
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:09:59 +0100

> Could you explain why do you think this should be in Glossary?  I'm
> not saying that I object, but in general, a glossary should mainly
> explain the terminology.  Meanwhile, the manual already describes
> elsewhere what you wrote here.  So I'm guessing you had something
> specific in mind when you suggested this; I wonder what that is.

Somebody asked about highlighting in an Emacs newsgroup.  I thought
surely he should be able to find the information he needs by looking
in the Glossary, or maybe by using `i' search.  Transient mark mode
can be found by using `i highlight RET' and then hitting comma 17 or
18 times.  I think only very patient people will do that, so it does
not hurt to include the information in the Glossary.

Hm.  But then one would have to promote the glossary some more.  Hm.

kai
--
Lisp is kinda like tpircstsoP