Re: address@hidden: C-k must be repeated in shell to kill a line that ha

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: C-k must be repeated in shell to kill a line that has a prompt]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:56:33 -0700 (MST)

Is it ever actually a desirable feature that plain C-k should notice
field boundaries?  If not, changing it to ignore them is one possible
approach.

Also, I see that the fields used in comint have
`inhibit-line-move-field-capture' properties which prevent next-line
and previous-line from treating these fields specially.  Perhaps
beginning-of-line and end-of-line should also check this property.
Then the fields used in comint would have no effect on ordinary cursor
motion at all.

What do people think about these two ideas?

Meanwhile, I think we should rename that property to something shorter
and more natural, like `field-natural-motion'.