Re: address@hidden: C-k must be repeated in shell to kill a line that ha

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: address@hidden: C-k must be repeated in shell to kill a line that has a prompt]
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 13:24:37 -0500

> Is it ever actually a desirable feature that plain C-k should notice
> field boundaries?  If not, changing it to ignore them is one possible
> approach.

If you have a line with two fields like:

then hitting C-k while in the first field, shouldn't delete
all the rest of the line including `value2:' and the second fiels.
So, yes I think C-k should pay attention to fields.
On the other hand, C-k from outside of any of those two fields
(f.ex. from the beginning of the above line or from within the
`Value2' word) should ignore the field boundaries.

        Stefan