Re: cleaning of mocklisp.c?

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: cleaning of mocklisp.c?
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 08:35:17 +0100

   From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
   Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 00:06:53 -0700 (MST)

   >     I'd like to clean src/mocklisp.c of things which are now elsewhere,
which
   >     are supported by regular Emacs Lisp and similar.
   >
   > Could you be more specific about what you would like to change?

There are many things which were moved to other places, many #if 0 codes
etc. I do not want to make any code changes (right now). But as Miles said,
maybe removing the files (and many other notices of mocklist_arguments in
eval.c etc.)  is better solution.

   >     Speaking of which, will it ever be possible to just remove mocklisp
   >     support completely?  I would be quite surprised if anyone's still using
   >     it, and it has its greasy little fingers in lots of places...
   >
   > I am sure not many people are using it, but do you know
   > if Unipress Emacs is still in use?  If not, can you find out
   > how long ago it went out of use?

The page http://www.unipress.com/cat/emacs.html says:
Last Modified Sept. 3, 1995
--
Pavel Janík

"when" is not a word I find useful about most bios bugs. Try "if" or
"less likely that being hit on the head by an asteroid"
                  -- Alan Cox in LKML about possibility of fixing BIOS bugs