Re: idea -> internal frames?

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: idea -> internal frames?
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 13:03:42 +0100

> Now, supposing we have these sub-applications, are tabs the best way
> to select one?  We could use an ordinary menu instead.

I believe you misunderstood.  The point, as I understood it, is that
Emacs proper has little use for tabs, but that individual
subapplications may find good use tabs for their own purposes.

An example of an subapplication that could use tabs would be Customize.
The top level customize group would then look like:

<some introductory text>
 /Editing / External / Convenience / Programming / Applications ==>

<content of the group matching the selected tab here>