Re: make file-expand-wildcards a filename handler operation?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: make file-expand-wildcards a filename handler operation?
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 17:10:00 +0100

> I see no harm in this idea, but I don't think it is an urgent need,
> so I would rather focus on other things.

Okay.  I take it that this means you are accepting patches :-)

> (I don't know what Tramp is.)

It allows you to edit remote files in a way similar to ange-ftp, but
it uses a shell connection (and optionally a remote copy program like
rcp, scp, rsync) to do the file transfer.  This is useful for people
who cannot access the remote machine via FTP.  Also, Tramp supports
VC (at least for RCS) on remote files, which ange-ftp doesn't.

kai
--
Lisp is kinda like tpircstsoP