Re: make file-expand-wildcards a filename handler operation?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: make file-expand-wildcards a filename handler operation?
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 18:09:17 +0100

>     It allows you to edit remote files in a way similar to ange-ftp, but
>     it uses a shell connection (and optionally a remote copy program like
>     rcp, scp, rsync) to do the file transfer.
>
> That does seem like a useful package; should it be part of Emacs?

I would be happy to see this happen; I didn't have time before 21.1
to do it, though.

I have sent in assign.future with "rcp.el" as the title of the file,
though the package is now called Tramp.  I have done my best to
identify the contributors and to get all of them to submit the
paperwork, except for those contributors who sent in patches <= 10
lines.

kai
--
Lisp is kinda like tpircstsoP