Re: make file-expand-wildcards a filename handler operation?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: make file-expand-wildcards a filename handler operation?
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 18:16:51 +0100

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

> Actually, I would oppose a patch that turns `file-expand-wildcards'
> into a filename operation unless its sufficiently motivated.
> I somehow haven't seen the original post in this thread, so maybe
> I've just missed the motivations.

I've now thought about this some more; I think I spoke too quickly
when I made the original proposal.

file-expand-wildcards works with the standard Emacs functions which
in turn invoke filename handlers as appropriate, so I now also think
it is not necessary to make file-expand-wildcards a filename handler
operation.

Sorry for the line noise.

kai
--