Re: keymap inheritance for non-sparse keymaps

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: keymap inheritance for non-sparse keymaps
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 20:44:11 -0700 (MST)

You sent a patch to test for explicit-nil-binding in keymap elements,
but it seems to be an uninterned symbol and nothing in the patch could
ever store it in a keymap element.  Could I see the whole patch?

I tend to think that this issue is not very important, and not worth
paying much price for.  If the interface of your patch is clean,
then I could say yes to it.  But I would not say yes if it is
not clean.