Re: dired-move-to-filename-regexp and Chinese (was: dired-do-toggle)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: dired-move-to-filename-regexp and Chinese (was: dired-do-toggle)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 20:44:53 -0700 (MST)

We have changed this regexp several times.  From experience, I have
learned that every change there is risky.  The danger is that when you
generalize the part that should match one part of the line (such as
the month), it may start to have false matches.  These problems tend
to happen in obscure locales, so that we don't find out about them in
pretest, not until weeks or months go by.

So all I can say is, be very careful when you change this.
We certainly don't want the change in 21.2, because we want
to at least try to pretest it.