Re: Customizing the fringe bitmaps

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Customizing the fringe bitmaps
Date: 07 Nov 2001 11:48:38 +0100

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:

> "Kim F. Storm" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > (set-fringe-bitmap 'overlay-arrow
>
> I suggest you start with '(repeat string), and then do a sanity check
> on :set.

So I would defcustom an overlay-arrow-bitmap variable which would do
the set-fringe-bitmap via a :set  (setting it to nil would use the
builtin bitmap).

Alternatively, I could also introduce a get-fringe-bitmap function and
use a :get as Per suggested to be able to edit the built-in bitmaps.
However, that would make it a little harder to edit the bitmap without
using Customize.  But in any case, get-fringe-bitmap could be useful
to get a starting point for editing the bitmaps.

Should I go ahead?