Re: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: Abnormal High CPU Usage]]

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: Abnormal High CPU Usage]]
Date: 08 Nov 2001 20:47:46 +0900

Yong LU <address@hidden> writes:
> Well, the fact is I am using my home pc behind a campus firewall (my
> home is in a univerity).  Sounds silly, but they block almost all ports,
> that's why I can't use cvs.

I have a similar situation at work, and get around it by using the
port-443 cvs server on subversions.gnu.org.  Almost _every_ firewall
allows at least that port.  [I've been able to get several other sites
to make their cvs server listen on that port too, so it can't be too
hard.]

To use this, you need a patch to the cvs program (unless they've
integrated this feature in a recent version).  Would you like the patch?

-Miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!