Re: Crashes at C-x 1

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Crashes at C-x 1
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 18:27:49 +0200 (IST)

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Glyn Millington wrote:

> > Also, I understand that you invoke Emacs through some menu of your window
> > manager.  Could you instead invoke it from a shell window, by typing
> > "emacs21 &", and then see if C-x 1 again causes it to disappear?
>
> Well starting from the window provided by Gnome-run it vanishes both
> with and without the "&".  Started from an xterm or  an aterm it is quite
> stable.
>
> Weird is the word!

Could someone who knows Gnome please help here?

Glyn reported a strange problem whereby Emacs 21 would exit if "C-x 1" is
typed.  As you see from the above, this only happens when Emacs is run
from the window provided by Gnome-run.  What could cause that, and how
should we go about debugging this further?